Thursday, September 19, 2013

What’s it like to wear Glass in China?


Beijing is more recently known for its crazy pollution, so it was a real challenge shooting over the past week or so while I was there. It’s my fifth time to Beijing, and the pollution gets worse and worse every time. This means that shooting things far away is very difficult, because it gets fogged out like a video game that can only handle a few polygons at a time. I was most interested in the reactions of people to Google Glass in China. I’ve noticed people’s reactions in a few places so far – In San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, and now my hometown in Queenstown, New Zealand. For sure, people’s reactions in China were totally different. Now, of course this is all anecdotal, so you can hardly figure out a cultural trend-line from my observations, but it is interesting nonetheless. Glass shot: When the sun sets in Beijing, sometimes you get a bit of this thing I call a smogbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment